When learning languages, it is important to give oneself goals. Passing an official examination is an excellent objective. Since 1996, The Language Center has successfully trained students to pass examinations. We can help you prepare for the following exams:
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
A2 Key: The A2 Key qualification is proof of your ability to use English to communicate in simple situations. You will be able to:
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions,
- understand simple written English,
- introduce yourself and answer basic questions about yourself,
- interact with English speakers at a basic level.
B1 Preliminary: The B1 Preliminary qualification shows that you have mastered the basics of English and now have practical language skills for everyday use. You will be able to:
- read simple textbooks and articles in English,
- write letters and emails on everyday subjects,
- take meeting notes,
- show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English.
B2 First: The B2 First qualification proves you have the language skills to live and work independently in an English-speaking country or study on courses taught in English. You will be able to:
- communicate effectively face-to-face, expressing opinions and presenting arguments,
- follow the news,
- write clear, detailed English, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view,
- write letters, reports, stories and lots of other types of text.
C1 Advanced: More than 8,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments around the world accept C1 Advanced as proof of high-level achievement in learning English. Preparing for C1 Advanced helps learners develop the skills to make the most of studying, working and living in English-speaking countries. You will be able to:
- follow an academic course at university level,
- communicate effectively at a managerial and professional level,
- participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars,
- express yourself with a high level of fluency.
C2 Proficiency: The C2 Proficiency qualification shows that you have mastered English to an exceptional level. It proves you can communicate with the fluency and sophistication of a highly competent English speaker. You will be able to:
- study demanding subjects at the highest level, including postgraduate and PhD programmes,
- negotiate and persuade effectively at senior management level in international business settings,
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing,
- talk about complex or sensitive issues, and deal confidently with difficult questions.
B1 Business Preliminary: With the B1 Business Preliminary qualification, you show employers that you have a good knowledge of English for practical, everyday use in business. You will be able to:
- talk about business subjects,
- understand charts and graphs,
- write a short business email,
- follow short telephone conversations.
B2 Business Vantage: With the B2 Business Vantage qualification, you show employers that you are ready to work successfully in international business. This exam could help you when applying for new jobs, getting a promotion, or developing your career. You will be able to:
- write short business messages and reports,
- read articles from business publications,
- listen to, understand and give your opinions in meetings.
C1 Business Higher: With the C1 Business Higher qualification, you show employers that you have achieved an advanced level of Business English. You will be able to:
- communicate effectively at managerial and professional levels,
- participate with confidence in workplace meetings and presentations,
- express yourself with a high level of fluency,
- react appropriately in different cultural and social situations.
The Cambridge exams are held several times a year.
Other English Tests
Test of English as a Foreign Language
The TOEFL is designed to test knowledge of English as a foreign language, and is one of the conditions of admission to universities and colleges in North America.
Test of English for International Communication
The TOEIC evaluates competency in English as a tool for international communication. Specifically designed for companies, this test allows candidates of all levels to have an overview of their language skills in English.
Scholastic Aptitude Test
The SAT reasoning and subject tests are required for admission into American Universities.
The Graduate Management Admission Test
The GMAT exam is a test of general skills and abilities that you have acquired over time. It is required for admission into MBA programs.
Cambridge Assessment English Examinations – Our prices
|Cambridge Assessment English Examination||Prices for The Language Center students|
|Pre A1 STARTERS||95 €|
|A1 MOVERS||100 €|
|A2 FLYERS||105 €|
|A2 KEY / KEY FOR SCHOOLS||130 €|
|B1 PRELIMINARY / PRELIMINARY FOR SCHOOLS / BUSINESS PRELIMINARY||135 €|
|B2 FIRST / FIRST FOR SCHOOLS / BUSINESS VANTAGE||220 €|
|C1 ADVANCED AND BUSINESS HIGHER||230 €|
|C2 PROFICIENCY||235 €|